So this is another very late Topbox review. For some reason, I hold off until the last minute to post about my Topboxes, probably because I want to make sure I test out all of the products well enough to review.
I really didn't think anything could top last month's Topbox, but this month did. Why? Because I was lucky enough to get a Benefit prive box this month.
Benefit is currently one of my favourite brands, and in this Topbox I got to test out some of the older (but classic) Benefit products, along with some new and fresh products from the brand. Not only that, but this box included six samples compared to the usual four!
Here we go with the review:
|I had to show off the pretty Benefit packaging.|
From the top, and then left to right:
1. Fine-One-One (Full Size $36): This a new Benefit product that I actually really wanted to try before I got it in my box, but I can't lie- I'm not a fan. It's not bad, but I would much rather contour myself. I'm not a fan of the fact that the two colours are so similar (I would have preferred one too be more of a bronze and one more of a coral). It also made me break out because I'm used to using powder blush. I'm sure the full sized version of this product would be easier to use and possibly produce better results, but for now I'll stay away.
2. Total Moisture Facial Cream (Full Size $42): This moisturizer is absolutely fantastic. I've been battling with finding a great moisturizer for the last little while (which you may see on the blog soon), and I must say that I'm blown away by this stuff. It's extremely rich and creamy, doesn't feel oily at all, and it didn't make me break out. I will definitely be purchasing this moisturizer full sized when I run out of the sample.
3. Benetint (Full Size $36): It's really funny that although I love Benefit, I had actually never tried Benetint before getting this sample. I had tried Posietint and Chachatint and really didn't care for them, but this came as a surprise. I love the colour that benetint has- It's very berry-like and you can build it up if you layer it on either your lips or cheeks. Maybe benetint just suits my colouring better than the other Benefit tints, but I'm a fan.
4. Dandelion Gloss (Full Size $18): This gloss smells amazing (I got a hint of grapefruit possibly?) and goes on so sheer and light. It's not sticky at all, so basically, it's great. One problem- I can't imagine spending $18 on any lipgloss, so I probably won't be purchasing it full sized.
5. POREfessional (Full Size $34): This stuff works great. I can't lie, I had low expectations for it- I've tried so many primers that never really make a difference, but this was actually a surprise for me. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like it actually did minimize the look of my pores compared to my usual primer (Bare Minerals), so I may just purchase it again.
6. Dandelion Powder (Full Size $36): I was happy to see that this powder is actually a light pink colour with a bit of shimmer in it, and even more happy to notice that it has a light smell to it. It's adorable, but I didn't really feel like it brightened my face any, and for the price, I probably won't be purchasing it (I stick to Bare Minerals and Covergirl Clean powder).
I'm really loving Topbox's Prive boxes- getting to try out all of these products makes me feel like it's my birthday every month. The only problem is that I feel a bit hooked- I've been looking into every other monthly subscription box on the market but holding back because of the prices.
What's your favourite monthly subscription box?